Monday, July 6, 2009

first night out

I moved in and decided that it was a good idea to go out and party the first night before settling down in my new place. I texted all friends at once and ended up at a place called Kiki, which is closer to Cihangir than it is to my side of the hill. crowd, dj, sound, backyard, my wig. All there.


2009-06-27 02-54-01 - 0872


One thing I figured out about Turkish girls is that it is hard to pick one up, or socialize with one, in a club. The reason might be social issues, that girls usually go there with male friends who are usually protective, that Turkish bar crowd is usually a bit more of a salad bowl than a melting pot, or that I am not very experienced with picking girls up from bars anyways. I have to ask this to friends. That said, interestingly, I did leave Kiki with 2 ladies, in a state too drunk for a 30 year old responsible male… We went and had soup at that well known cafe where Cihangir people socialize.


2009-06-27 05-30-33 - 0897


The proper way to end a night out in istanbul, or New York is to have junk street food. In New York that is usually doner from bereket or sushi or whatever you can grab. Istanbul kicks new york’s ass in the matter, such that you have a much wider variety of street junk choices. Soups, wraps , rice stuffed mussles and all. I’m not sure about the cafe’s name, or the girls names. I did hit on one of them drunk-awfully which didnt work thank god (again, not that it ever did) . She said we had to be flirting a bit more prior for that to work.


So lesson learned: Flirt before the soup.

We also had this ayran and it made me laugh like a teen, because the things written it just doesn’t make sense:

Live music, Bolu Kitchen, Plenty of oxygen, Natural bypass, Sunnet Lake (which means Circumcision Lake depending on how you want to perceive it) Vacation by the Lake. [Investigate]. Reservation:”

2009-06-27 05-27-10 - 0892

I have to analyze a bit more on Turkish women and their place in this society.

I walked home from Cihangir which wasn’t surprisingly not so far.

Saturday morning I woke up in heat. And pain. A/C is still not that widespread in Turkey so neither my home, nor my work has it. Mass transportation usually has some sort of A/C but it’s never enough.

Saturday I was in the worst pain in the existence of my body. I had a burger and had to give it back to the sidewalk. Under broad daylight. Never happened before, that was one major hangover. Though I do remember seeing some guy at the bar previous night; receiving the glass of water he ordered and that I thought that was a really good idea…

Sunday morning I couldn’t take it anymore and took the car and drove off back to my parents house who live by the belgrad forest and it’s usually 5 degrees colder there. Though the whole reason I moved to Mimisburg was that I couldn’t handle living there anymore. It’s nice to cool relationships with forgetfullness. You learn this at 30 but forget it later on I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment